Thursday, September 22, 2016

How to select and mask in Photoshop

The 'new'  select and mask in Photoshop works pretty well. I saw two clips which I think did a great job explaining the new select and mask possibilities in Photoshop (the old refine edge functionality): 



These two videos are very instructive. I had a go at it myself and let me tell you: it really works very well! 

I began with this 2 pictures:



Then you move the picture with the girl onto the streets of New York.

Select the girl with the quick selection tool (W) and drag the transparency slider to the right. 

So there you have it: in a couple of minutes you can change the background of the image. It's that simple!

Watch the videos and try it yourself!

Don't forget to follow us on Facebook or 500px


And have you already discovered our Facebook page Humans of the Nordic Region?

No comments:

Post a Comment