Sunday, September 25, 2016

Here's an easy way to replace a sky in Photoshop

Sometimes you just want the sky in your image to be a bit more... well I guess exciting is the word I'm looking for. Even though a nice blue sky is a nice blue sky, in a picture it usually works better with a bit more going on in the sky. And let me tell you: replacing a sky is very easy in Photoshop. 

1. Select the sky you want to replace
2. Invert the selection (Select > Inverse
3. Put the selection on his own Layer Ctrl or Cmd J
4. Drag the new sky over the image and make it fit using Ctrl or Cmd T
5. Drag the new sky under the layer of step 3

In this case I added some reflections of the clouds into the sky. I made the top of the sky a little darker and lightened up the photo with a Levels adjustment layer. 

And voila: this is the end result: I think replacing the sky made the picture a whole lot more interesting. 

Don't forget to follow us on Facebook or 500px.


And have you already discovered our Facebook page Humans of the Nordic Region?



pictures from pixabay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment