Taking it from the top, I'm showing you how to make a photo into looking like a drawing. And believe me, it's real easy!
1. It all starts with opening a picture in Photoshop
3. Now desaturate this layer (layer 1), using CMD + SHIFT + U (CTRL + SHIFT +U in windows) / menu: Image > Adjustments > Desaturate)
4. Then copy the layer
5. And invert the layer with CMD i (CTRL i in windows)
6. Now change the blending method of the layer to Color Dodge
7. And add Gaussian blur (menu: Filter > Blur > Gaussian blur / It's up to you to choose a radius. To each his own, pick what you think works best for your drawing
Voila! There's your drawing!
To add a little bit of spice to it, you can add a lined paper as background. I have to say, I did erase some lines I didn't like in the drawing. I used a white brush to do so.
Now, moving on to adding a lined paper to the drawing:
1. Open a picture of a lined paper
2. Move the paper, using the move tool, to the drawing
3. Make the lined paper bigger with the free transform tool (CMD T,CTRL T in windows)
4. Chang the blending mode to Multiply
Now if you want, this is the moment to paint your image. First make a copy of all layers CMD + Opt + SHIFT + E). Now you can paint with a brush with a low flow. Or you can lower the capacity of the layer to create a cool effect.
I didn't fancy doing some painting in my drawing, so let me show you my end result.
A drawing of a soccer girl.