Thursday, October 1, 2015

You only fail when you stop trying

Time flies. It was almost a week ago that I hiked to the Pyramides. As you can tell by looking at the pictures, it was a pretty cloudy day. The weather forecast was a lot more optimistic than the weather actually turned out. But still, I reckon I got at least a few decent shots and with all the clouds the images get a bit more depth and colour. 



On days like these, you appreciate it even more when the sun does come out for a bit. 

But if I'm honest, I wished I had a bit more sun. So I've made a promise to myself to go back here at least once (and maybe meet the king and his following). 

I actually learned a lot of this trip. I shot some really bad pictures, some pictures that are OK but could be way better and just a couple of images that I really like. I've found that with my photography and I guess with photography in general it's a matter of learning and trying. And I consider it really important to be really critical when looking at your own images. What do you like, what can be improved and how do you reckon you'll achieve that next time? 

A few days earlier I took a stroll along the lakeside close to where we live. Although weather predictions change by the hour here, I did look at the weather forecast before I set off. It was predicted that the sun would come out in about an hour. And yep. The forecast changed while I was out because I ended up never seeing the sun! 

Wandering along the lake side in the rain I did take some pictures, trying to capture the autumnal beauty. Turned out that of all the pictures I took, there was only 1 worth saving: the one I took with my Samsung phone, go figure. 

Don't overthink your pictures. There's beauty in simplicity. 

This weekend we're off to Trondheim. I'm really looking forward to doing some architectural and street photography. I haven't looked at the weather forecast in the past days, but I'm hoping for some sunshine or at least a great sunrise and sunset to take pictures in the blue and golden hour.  

Don't forget to follow us on Facebook or 500px



No comments:

Post a Comment