Thursday, May 12, 2016

Spinning around!

Not too long ago we were in Holland for a couple of days. Before we went, I drew up a list of photography goals and one of my goals was to shoot a long exposure shot of a mill. Unfortunately the weather was not what I had hoped for. 

Then again, that didn't withhold me from taking some pretty cool shots if I do say so myself. This is one of my favourites.

So how did I do this? 
It's actually pretty easy. First you need a windmill (dooh) and some wind so the windmill is actually spinning. The mill I shot had its sails turning quite slowly. 
I got out my gorilla pod and added an ND filter. With a shutter speed of 30 seconds at F20 I created this shot.

Once back home, I edited the picture in Lightroom. I followed my usual workflow. After that, I imported the picture into Tonality Pro (Macphun) and did some final editing. 

I guess it's a different image of a windmill than the usual Dutch windmill pictures. Do let me know what you think of it.

Don't forget to follow us on Facebook or 500px


And have you already discovered our Facebook page Humans of the Nordic Region?

No comments:

Post a Comment