Thursday, August 6, 2015

Basics: direct flash

The inspiration is flowing! So instead of waiting for the Friday blog, here's a little extra on direct flash. Just this week I took some shots of my son with a one light set-up. I thought I'd share it with you guys. 

It really is a simple set-up with just one Speedlite and a white background, in this case a door,

I put the flash on a light stand, and I got the light stand to be high up. I asked the very patient model to stand against the white door. And this is the result. I've used no modifiers, only the flashlight on the light stand. 


If you want more shadow, move your model a little further away from the background. If you have the room, move the light stand to try different lighting and don't forget to move yourself. Have fun out there! 



No comments:

Post a Comment